The holiday season is finally here, and that means it’s time to get creative in the kitchen! Impress your guests with something new & try, MATCHA CUSTARD PIE! Decadent, delicious, and healthy.
Baking with Matcha is such an easy way to make dessert healthy. Since Matcha is the whole green tea leaf ground into a fine powder, it easily blends into cake batter, frosting, cookie dough, pie crust, muffin batter…the possibilities are endless!
*Health Benefits of Matcha*
- Boosts immune system
- Boosts metabolism
- Provides long lasting energy (without caffeine crash)
- Improves cognitive function
- Rich in antioxidants
- Promotes healthy complexion
- Rich in EGCG (potent cancer fighting antioxidants)
Once you experience the benefits of Matcha, you will wonder how you ever lived without it! Shop with us in-stores & online for Organic Grade A Matcha. We hope you enjoy the recipe!
MATCHA CUSTARD PIE:
- 1 TBS Organic Grade A Matcha
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 TSP of salt
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 9″ pie shell of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat milk in a pot over medium heat until bubbles form around the edges & it begins to lightly steam. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs together. Then add in sugar, salt, vanilla, and Matcha. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Gradually whisk in the steamed milk into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When the custard is set, remove from oven and let it sit on cooling rack until completely cool.
- Decorate with your favorite topping, whipped cream, fresh fruit, dust with matcha powder etc.