Add an extra holiday touch to your shortbread cookies this Christmas & try this recipe…MATCHA SHORTBREAD COOKIES! Festive, delicious & easy!
*MATCHA SHORTBREAD COOKIES*
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP Matcha
- 10 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar (to coat dough)
- Whisk confectioner’s sugar and matcha powder together.
- Beat butter and matcha-sugar mixture together in an electric mixer (use paddle attachment) until the butter is smooth.
- Add flour & stir until just combined.
- Mix egg yolks in until fully incorporated & the dough forms together.
- Gather dough into a ball & wrap in plastic then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use rolling pin to roll dough to about 1/2-inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutter to cut shapes from dough.
- Roll cut shapes in granulated sugar & place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden at the edges.
- After baking let cookies cool & enjoy!
SHOP IN-STORES & ONLINE FOR MATCHA!