Spice up a classic cookie recipe with CHAI TEA. The subtle flavor of the ginger, clove, cardamom & black pepper perfectly compliments the cinnamon-sugar & buttery flavors of SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES.
For this recipe we recommend using your choice of a Green Teahouse chai like, Caramel Cider Chai, Masala Chai, or Vanilla Cream Chai. We hope you enjoy the recipe! Spread the love of tea this season, Happy Holidays!
~Your Friends at The Green Teahouse
CHAI SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 TBS. Caramel Cider Chai
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- Melt butter in either double boiler or microwave. Steep Caramel Cider Chai in melted butter for 5 minutes (we recommend steeping for longer for a stronger taste).
- After steeping, strain tea from butter. Allow butter to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt together and set aside.
- Beat together butter & sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes (or until fluffy).
- Add eggs & beat until fully mixed.
- Add flour mixture in 1/2 increments, beating until combined. Chill dough for an hour or overnight until it’s firm & cold.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon & sugar. Form dough into 1-inch balls & roll them in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Space cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on wire cooling rack.
*SHOP IN-STORES OR ONLINE FOR THE PERFECT CHAI*
~Click the link below to shop our Chai collection