What’s Christmas without sugar cookies?! If you’re looking for a new recipe, then look no further & try…MATCHA SUGAR COOKIES. Festive, fun, easy & delicious!
photo credit: Salu Salo Recipes
MATCHA GREEN TEA SUGAR COOKIES:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TBS Organic Grade A Matcha
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP salt
- In a large bowl, beat butter & sugar together until light and fluffy; then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, matcha green tea powder, baking powder and salt in small bowl; gradually stir into butter mixture until dough forms together.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll out, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface & roll into 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to form into cookie. Place on cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. After cookies are done, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
SHOP IN-STORES & ONLINE FOR ORGANIC MATCHA!