Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Surprise Mom with something new this year. Treat her to a delicious, one of a kind dessert on her special day.
This simple white cake recipe features our NEW TEA…RASPBERRY MATCHA! It’s the highest grade of organic Matcha blended with raspberry extract. The refreshing raspberry note adds a lovely natural sweetness.
New to cooking with MATCHA? It’s easy! Matcha is a premium Japanese Green Tea that is stone ground into a fine powder, making it very easy to blend into smoothies, batters, frosting etc.
It offers 10 times the antioxidants of regular green tea, it increases metabolism, strengthens immune system, & helps prevent cancer.
This Raspberry Matcha Cake will be a lovely addition to your Mother’s Day celebration, and it pairs perfectly with tea too!
~RASPBERRY MATCHA CAKE RECIPE~
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBS Raspberry Matcha
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease & flour a 9 x 9 in pan.
- Cream together butter & sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixture, until it forms a smooth creamy texture.
- Beat in eggs (one at a time) into sugar-butter mixture, then stir in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, & Raspberry Matcha in small bowl, then add to creamed mixture & mix until well combined.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan & bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- *Extra time? Try this easy Butter Cream Frosting recipe & garnish with fresh raspberries!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our wonderful customers!
~Your Friends at The Green Teahouse~